Prices Going UP!
The prices on this pages are not yet in effect, but they will be soon. For current prices, visit our Order page.
Prices are in US Dollars. See www.xe.com for currency conversions.
91 X 203 cm
(36" x 80")
71 x 203 cm
(28" x 80")
56 x 183 cm
(22" x 72")
35 x 183
(14" x 72")
30.5 x 80 cm
(12" x 60")
91 cm x 91cm
(36" x 36")
satin border = $5
inscription = $10
71 x 71 cm
knit 2-ply 100% pashmina
137 x 274 cm
(54" x 108")
114 x 228 cm
(45" x 90")
|70% pashmina/30% silk
Sizes are approximate! Our products are handloomed, which makes absolute consistency impossible. The yarn itself is quite elastic, and tends to stretch and contract during the various phases of production. It will continue to flex as you wear it. This is unavoidable, and actually desirable: it is the micro-kinkiness of the fiber that allows it to trap air, which is what makes the fabric warm while allowing it to breathe; it also accounts for the natural ability of pashmina to shed wrinkles without ironing.
Because of the high cost of shipping (which is not at all covered by our nominal flat rate of $14.50), we cannot fill orders for only one or two mufflers. We ask that you order a minimum of three pieces, unless you are also ordering a larger item such as a shawl.
Prints: Currently two designs, available on any fabric or size; $15 extra.
- Colors: You can choose the colors of the shawl itself, beading and embroidery. Just write the colors you want in the text box provided in the shopping cart. You can use the thread colors on our four-page Thread Chart or standard English terms or Pantone codes for the desired colors. We'll contact you if there is some uncertainty. Remember that computer monitors do not reliably represent colors. Your best bet is to specify colors that you know well, by name. If exact shade is critical, you can send us a swatch or color sample.
- Ombre two-tone dying, fading from one color at one side (or end) to another at the opposite side (or end), available in wide-to-wide or narrow-to-narrow orientation. Fullsize and medium shawls: $13, mufflers $10.
- Fringe Length:3" knotted fringes on wraps (full-size, medium, and muffler) are standard, but you may select shorter lengths or none at all (hemmed or ragged edge). Baby blankets are generally hemmed, as fringes may be dangerous to infants.
- Beading: You can order fringes, net or straight, in various patterns: $25 for full-size or medium shawls; $18 for mufflers. Not available on 100% pashmina.
- Jacquard: availability of styles varies. Only available on 70/30 mufflers and shawls. $25 supplement for full and medium size, $17 for mufflers.
- Hand-stitched embroidery (Not available on single-ply 100% pashmina or silk blends.)
- Full-surface floral embroidery ("Florata and Kanya Devi"): $85 supplement for fullsize, $50 for medium size, $55 for mufflers.
- Metallic thread (silver or gold) border embroidery: $70 supplement for fullsize, $80 for medium size, $45 for mufflers.
- Supplement for use of metallic thread on full-surface embroidery designs depends on amount of thread actually used.
How to Order Customized Wraps
- First, select the base item, whether a shawl or muffler, from the order page; click on "add to cart."
- When you are in the checkout process, you will be able to specify what customization you require, either by using the pulldown menus or by writing in the "Ordering Instructions" textbox. (Don't forget to specify thread and bead color!)
- Our shopping cart cannot calculate the charges for some customizations, discounts, and so on: the "receipt" generated at the end of your transaction is not definitive. The true cost will be confirmed by email soon after we get your order.
- If there is any question as to what exactly you intended to order, we will delay processing your order (and payment) until the issue has been clarified.
- Except for a small Pret-a-Porter inventory, all goods are customized to order. That means you should not be thinking in terms of "is such-and-such color available?" Instead, you simply need to communicate the combination of customizations (color, weave, beading, embroidery, edging) that you require.
- Due to the number of variables and frequency of changes in orders, we do not process payment instantly as you submit the order. Instead, we review all details manually, check for mistakes, and make all adjustments for discounts, credits, and so on; if you have given us a [functioning!] email address, we will confirm all details of your order within a few hours. Payment will not be processed until the item fully confirmed and production is underway.
- We really are quite fast. However, a variety of circumstance may delay your order. For instance:
- Persistent rain may delay drying of dyed pieces.
- There are many local holidays in Nepal. The biggest holidays in Nepal, Dasain and Tihar, are nearly back-to-back, and generally fall in September or October. (Nepal operates on a lunar calendar.) These holidays can entail up to one month's delay.
- We are typically swamped with orders just before Christmas, Valentines Day, and Mothers Day.
- Sunrise goods are made-to-order in Nepal and shipped directly to the consumer.
- Sunrise charges a flat rate of $14.50 per order for DHL shipping from Nepal. (For orders with multiple destinations, that fee is assessed for each address.) DHL takes from two to six days, most often four days. We will notify you when your order has actually been shipped, and we will give you the tracking number so that you can monitor progress on the DHL Web site
- Sunrise Pashmina cannot be responsible for customs duty, V.A.T., or any other tax assessed on your order by the destination country. Less than 0.03% of our shipments have been held up for customs, generally (but not always!) extremely small fees. Please let us know if you have special instructions that you wish us to follow in order to minimize the risk of customs scrutiny as the package enters your country.
Sunrise Pashmina wants you to be absolutely satisfied with your purchase. If by some horrible misfortune you are not, please contact us before returning your purchase. And above all, do not return anything to Sundar in Kathmandu -- the customs duty on these goods as they enter Nepal is more than the retail value of the items! Instead, we will give you directions for returning your purchase to our New York office. If you are located in the United States, send your order to us, insured, in one of those free boxes you get at the post office, to:
Sunrise Pashmina Internet sales office:
511 W. Green St.
Be sure to include your name and order number. And do let us know that it is on the way.
Except as noted discounts cannot be combined. If more than one discount seems applicable, we will make sure you get the best price.
- So-called Bridal Discount: 10% off regular prices and free express mail shipping for orders over $300 which include at least three identical shawls. Note: Although this offer was inspired by the special needs of bridal parties, it is definitely available to the non-betrothed.
SORRY!... except as specifically noted, these discounts cannot be piggy-backed on each other.